Market Development Assistant – Horticulture and Row Crop
Nufarm Limited is one of the world’s leading crop protection companies, producing products that help farmers protect their crops against damage caused by weeds, pests and disease. Proudly Australian, we boast global operations and employ over 3000 staff, all of whom make a vital contribution to our reputation for quality products, innovation and first class marketing and technical support.
Based in a home office in Ontario, Nufarm is currently looking for a Market Development Assistant for a one year maternity leave coverage. This is a full time role that will work under the leadership of the Commercial Manager-East. The incumbent is responsible for some sales and product development for new and existing Nufarm Horticulture and Row Crop brands. Travel will be necessary for the sales, support and product development of new and existing products throughout Ontario.
Be part of building a better Nufarm
- Assist the Eastern Sales staff in promoting the agronomic fits of Nufarm/Valent brands to key influencers and including Retailers and Growers.
- Participate in supporting the Ontario Retailer plot tours by planning and spraying plots in conjunction with the Eastern Tech. Services Manager.
- Evaluate and follow up trials for all new and future Valent/Nufarm brands coming to market in the short term.
- Work closely with Horticulture Growers (at the farm level) Retails in Ontario, Packers and Processors to support the sale of key Nufarm Horticulture Brands.
- Offer insight and competitive information to the Sales and Marketing team.
- Offer Technical support to Retailers and Early Adaptor Growers when requested
- Work closely with the Canadian Horticulture Manager to promote products used in the vegetable growing regions
- Attend trade shows and information meetings as it relates to the Horticulture industry
- Call on key influencers and large growers from November till April to help support the new brands.
- Work with the Canadian Marketing Manager to assist in the creation of technical pieces for handouts and e-blasts.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and creative with a high level of flexibility to respond to customers as well as internal needs. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and staff, but also able to work independently. Someone who has experience in Development and /or Marketing in the Horticulture/Row Crop Pesticide business will be necessary. The ideal candidate will also have a degree in Agronomy, Entomology, or Pathology, or related discipline.
If this is you. Apply online today.